Deputy Director/Chief of Operations
Prince George’s County
Department of Health ($98,590 – $191,813)
The Prince George’s County Health Department (PGCHD) is seeking a Deputy Director/Chief of Operations to support the County Health Officer. The PGCHD works to protect and support the public’s health through numerous services that range from restaurant inspections and disease tracking to care coordination and health promotion. The department is comprised of four divisions: Behavioral Health Services, Environmental Health and Disease Control, Family Health Services, and Health and Wellness, supported by the Office of Administration, the Office of Human Resources and the Office of the Health Officer.
The Deputy Director is an executive management level position responsible for the most complex administrative assignments, providing support to the Health Officer. The Deputy provides guidance and recommendations to the Health Officer in such matters as organizational management grants and contract opportunities, internal management policies, long and short-range planning, program development, expansion and consolidation, external funding opportunities and other matters as identified in order to conduct the mission of the department. Some of the other responsibilities will include:
- Advising the Health Officer in the development and implementation of departmental policy and management guidelines,
- Identifying program goals and establishing procedures to achieve goals
- Conducting program/project review and analysis directed toward operational improvement
- Providing oversight of the Office of Administration, Human Resources, Assessment and Planning, Grants Management, Clinical Services Administration and Communication, Risk Management and Compliance
- Representing the Health Department at the local, state and federal level while attending community/public events, conferences, meetings, legislative sessions, and other events
- Exercising technical management oversight for all operations, activities, programs, and projects accomplished within the agency, and
- Willingly and cooperatively performing tasks and duties which may be necessary to advance the mission of the agency.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree. An advanced degree in Health Science, Public Health or Organizational Development is preferred and three (3) years of management experience in the health and human services field.
For immediate consideration, please forward a cover letter outlining your relevant experience, and resume to PGCO_Health_Deputy@polihire.com. To assist with internal sorting, please only include your name (Last, First) in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to PGCO_Health_Deputy@polihire.com